Friday, September 10, 2010

A special week for Danielle




This week Danielle got to see meet her preschool teacher and see the classroom. She can hardly wait! I'm only parting with her one day a week which is a little selfish on my part but she's still only 3 years old. Preschool is from 8-11:30 a.m. so that will be a good little chunk of time that she gets to be "on her own" and I get an entire morning with just Samantha.
Also, Cubbies (AWANA) started this week so I'm posting a picture of Danielle in her cubbie vest. Such a big girl! I told her that there would be younger cubbies joining this year (she is in her second year) so she would need to help the new kids feel comfortable. I was proud to see that she really did! She showed a little boy where he could sit and did puzzles with a new little girl.
This morning was the most special of all, though. Something clicked inside her and she became a really sweet big sister. Not that she has been awful to her sister necessarily but more treated her a bit like a nuisance. Anyway, she started realizing that she is the BIG sister and her little sister needs her and loves her. They were doing "workbooks" at the table and while Danielle did her letters Samantha was trying to show me a picture of a dog, etc. Well, I had to get up and get something so Danielle said, "you can show me Samantha!" and from there on she only wanted to show Sister things. Danielle then started patiently helping her with things, wiping her nose (they both have colds), and talking so sweetly. I took a picture of them sitting in the same chair together (messy hair, snotty noses and all) as my little memory of this sweet sister morning. I owe a HUGE thanks to a very sweet little 8-year-old, our friend, Halliday. She is an amazing big sister and so good to our girls. I told Danielle that she was acting just like Halliday and she seemed so proud! She said, "Mommy, I do want to be just like Halliday!".
Sorry for being so long-winded but these stories just had to be shared!

No comments: