Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Almost One!




Well, today is the last day of Samantha's 1st year. I had no idea how much faster it would fly by with her being my 2nd baby. Two kids is definitely more than twice the work, but it's also A LOT more than twice the fun! I love seeing the girls playing together, hearing them giggle, and watching them "work" together.

Samantha is really becoming quite a "big girl". She has ideas of things she wants to do, like putting on any shoe in sight, climbing into things, and reading her books. Her favorite book right now is Goodnight Moon. She loves finding the little mouse on each page and pointing him out to me. She wants very much to talk but every word sounds like "ba". Balloon, Up, Dog and Baby are all "ba".

The girls have started pulling down cloths and washing my oven door all on their own. They also like helping put clean clothes from the dryer into the laundry basket. I hope to make helping Mama fun so that they will always enjoy working with me even as they grow older.

The picture of Jeff with the girls really cracks me up! Jeff's back was hurt so he was laying on the floor reading Danielle the story she requested. Well, Samantha wants to be a part of everything and she's used to sitting on a lap to listen to a story so she insisted on sitting this way on Daddy! Made for a hilarious picture.

I guess I should update more often so my posts won't be so long. Next post....Samantha's 1st birthday!! I'm excited to see her eat cake and dress up in her pretty dress and party hat.

No comments: