Our family went separate ways this week. Jeff and Danielle went to So. Cal. for Kayleen's 15th birthday. I will post pictures as soon as I get them...Grandma is very sweet to take pictures when I can't be there to do it. (I'll share details of their trip when I have photos to share with the details.)
Samantha and I went with Grammie to visit Great-Gram. The travels weren't the easiest since Samantha is so newly potty trained, but she did not have any accidents which made me very proud. We had fun having just one kid for the weekend. She seemed to enjoy the extra attention and talked like crazy!
Then we came home and got the girls' room ready to be painted. Danielle has been begging for months to have their room pink. Finally we did it! It sure was PINK when we (my dad helped me) first started putting the color on the walls but as it dried I really liked it and knew Danielle would, too. So, we finished painting and then started waiting..........for the rest of our family to come home. It seemed to take forever so we passed the time by cleaning, cooking dinner, and making welcome home signs. Danielle is very good about making welcome home signs so we thought it would be special to make one for her.
The girls were so cute when we were all together again. Samantha kept saying, "I really missed you, Danielle!" and Danielle was great about sharing the things she did and giving her the gifts that Grandma sent. Danielle adored their pink room. It will be fun to do a little more decorating and I'll post some pictures once we get the valance up, pictures on the wall, etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment