Friday, March 4, 2011

Kids are so fun!



Today is kind of a random update. I found these bounce house pictures and realized I never posted them! My parents had a party for the Superbowl and rented a bounce house at our house for the kids to enjoy for awhile. Our kids were thrilled especially because the owner had to drop it off at 9a.m. so they got to bounce their hearts out for a good part of the day. Then friends came over and they had more fun in it. Samantha did a great job of staying on her feet and being tough. I was proud. The girls had so much fun in there together. They pretended all kinds of things, did ring-around-the-rosie, etc. I think we would all like to do this again soon.
Thanks Grammie & Grandpa!

Well, the potty training is going pretty well. I'm not sure how detailed you want me to get so I'll summarize. If I don't compare Samantha's training to Danielle's (the absolute easiest potty training session ever) then I'm very pleased with how it's going. She doesn't need to be interrogated all day long with "Do you have to go potty?" or taken every 20 minutes, etc. She knows her body and will tell us when she has to go, starts towards the bathroom, etc. She's even told Danielle and let sister help her with everything. Pretty nice! There are accidents from time to time when she is really busy doing something but for only 2 weeks in I don't think that's too bad.

The one difficulty we are having is with pooping. She is still quite nervous and puts it off until it's absolutely necessary. We are looking forward to when she is more comfortable with pooping on the potty. Meanwhile we take lots of baths to help her relax and then standby so that when she announces she has to go we can scoop her out and throw her onto the potty. I am just thankful that she absolutely does not want to go in her pants. Huge success right there as far as I'm concerned.

I'm sure when she's older she is going to "love" that I wrote this on my blog but I can't only write the great stuff all the time! It'll be something we can tease her about when she is older and wants to hear a funny story from when she was 2.

This week the girls discovered that the videos of their entire lives are available to watch on the computer. They are loving their birth videos especially. Danielle's is precious because the video camera spends most of it's time outside the nursery window where you can hear everyone squealing in excitement, talking about her, etc. Samantha's is different but just as special. For Samantha, the camera was allowed into the nursery so we hear what the nurses, daddy, and sister are saying while they meet her for the first time, weigh/measure her, and swaddle her up. It's bittersweet for me...I'm glad to have it but also wish that I didn't have to be in the recovery room missing out on all the joy! Thankfully I haven't had to miss out on much of anything for the rest of their lives since.

No comments: