Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!!

It doesn't get much frillier than this, does it?!
Climbing the steps to Grammie & Grandpa's.

The dad's.
Waiting their turn.
I'm not so sure about this Dad. Our friendly sherriff out keeping us safe AND giving our kids candy!

Checking out the loot.

Danielle lined her candy up on the couch!!

What a fun Halloween we had this year! We started off at Grammie & Grandpa's and tried to explain this silly concept to Samantha. She quickly figured out the "treat" part and just kept saying "teet!". We went with friends to about 10 houses and then played and visited afterwards.
I'm so thankful our girls aren't really into candy. Danielle's only request was for a lollipop of which she only ate about half. Samantha liked her glo-stick and her trick-or-treat bag the most! Danielle did get a big treat at our friends house...her first taste of orange soda. I finally decided I had deprived her long enough and offered it to her. She loved it but complained of a tummy ache later on. She might not be a big much of a soda-drinker yet. That's perfectly fine with me.
Danielle was excited to be a Southern Belle again this year. The costume fit her much better and she knew how to hold her dress up when she walked! Samantha twirled in her ballerina costume and was a very brave girl to go up to people's doors and hold out her bag. I just love watching their faces light up with excitement and even the concerned looks they get when they see something they're not sure about.

A highlight of the evening was when the sherriff pulled up (also a friend of ours) while we were trick-or-treating and gave the kids candy! I thought that was so cool. I'm sad he couldn't be taking his kiddos around the town but thankful he was out keeping us safe and blessing our kids. The girls were up way too late but I felt we had a very memorable Halloween.



No comments: