It's hard to believe I have had the job of being a stay-at-home-Mom for 2 1/2 years now. People sometimes ask if I miss going to a job everyday outside of the home. Well, there are days when that would be a lot easier, but no one could drag me away from these precious children. I can't bear to miss a thing! I get to start off my day with a cozy, warm feeding time with Samantha (then she goes back to sleep)...then a long, quiet snuggle with Danielle as we talk about what a pretty day it is and what fun we will have today. She's not awake yet but I'm sure this morning we will talk a lot about the fact that it's her Grammie's birthday and we have a card, present, and cake for her. (Danielle is infatuated with birthdays right now even if they're not her own) Then we'll have breakfast together and slowly start to be productive. We make a game out of how quick we can pick up the living room, put laundry away, and get dressed. That's not to say that the house is always clean...in fact I'm sure that my house is less clean because we are in it all day messing it up, but I don't mind. Oh, and sometimes Danielle wears her jammies all morning when we don't have to be anywhere.
I'll be honest that it's not all warm snuggles and smiles, though. There's spit up (sometimes all down my shirt), bottoms to wipe, and unfortunately discipline, too. But because we have all day together I am more patient and less frustrated with the difficult times. The evenings can be extremely hectic but they are balanced with slow and relaxed mornings. The to-do list is quite long, but I have more hours in my days at home to get things done.
There are many differences now that my job has changed. Before, it was easy to recognize a successful 8 hours at work, people thanked me all day long for helping them, I had a start time and a finish time to my day, and of course there was the pay, too! Now my job is 24/7 and my little ones are not appreciative of the wipings, the cleaning, and the discipline for sure! However the pay is awesome with big smiles, messy kisses, and the very special memories we're making.
I am blessed to have a group of great friends who are also stay-at-home mom's... they are a wonderful encouragement to me. Also, my mom was a fantastic role-model for me and is always there for advice and a listening ear. Last, but definitely not least is the man who 100% supports me (financially and in every other way). It would be so hard to do this job if I didn't have him thanking me daily and encouraging me all the time.
Well, that's about all the time I have for blogging today, but I'll have more updates soon. For all of you reading my blog, thanks for the encouragement you are to me and for loving me and my family.
1 comment:
I am so jealous... I can't wait till I can stay at home. It is the best job, and the hardest job. I don't know how people have career and children. Levi will hopefully find a job and a good one at that and I can QUIT! You look like you are doing a wonderful job of raising your girls. Hey maybe someday we can actually visit each other :)!!!! I'd love to see your parents too.
Post a Comment