Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Proud Moments

Danielle's first ever Report Card

Samantha wanted to make a "High Five" like Sister has.

Working side-by-side at their desks.
(I just noticed Samantha is wearing heels with her jammies!! LOL)

 
Moments like these are the ones I have to remember during the other moments where I wonder if I'm saying or doing anything right.  Thanks to God's strength I can take one day at a time and some days a lot of rewards come one after the other. 

This morning I was given Danielle's report card.  I knew that she was doing well but I still very much appreciated the comments at the bottom of this report.  Her teacher is wonderful and we are so excited by all she is learning in her school.  We're not quite sure how they decide on letter grades in Kindergarten but whatever the grading method we are thrilled to see she is doing so well.

At the beginning of the school year Danielle and I made a High-Five for the fridge so that she could get the important things done each morning before leaving the house.  The first few weeks she loved checking it after each thing she accomplished.  Already those things are routine and she only goes to the High-Five when it's time to leave.  I highly recommend this to any mom.

Samantha does not get quite as excited as Danielle about following directions, making lists, etc, so I didn't think to make her a High-Five.  Well, today she asked, I immediately made one, and she loves it!  She wanted it to say "Make & Eat Breakfast" because I have been putting dishes and food at their level so they can do more on their own.  I really don't force them to make their own breakfast...they usually want to.

The last picture of the girls working at their desks sure warmed my heart.  Danielle making some sort of list before bed and Samantha tracing words with her dry erase pen. 

No comments: